[CIG-SHORT] install PyLith on a 64 bit machine

yaru yaru at earth.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Oct 4 23:44:04 PDT 2007

Hi All,

  I try to install PyLith on my 64 bit machine (Operation System :
Scientific Linux 4.4 64-bit). I successfully install PETSC but fail to
install PyLith.

When I ran
 ./configure CXXFLAGS=-DNEW_SECTION --prefix=/data/cig
I got the following:
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking
whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... gawk ...
checking for PetscInitialize... yes (C++) checking for petsc.h... yes
checking whether we can link a trivial C++ PETSc program... yes checking for
PetscInitialize... yes (C++) checking for PETSc/Sieve... yes
configure: downloading missing Python dependencies
configure: error: cannot download missing Python dependencies See
`config.log' for more details.

I already upgrade Python to v2.5.1.
The config.log is attached. Could someone help me out?

Thank you,

Yaru

Ya-Ju Hsu
Institute of Earth Sciences, Academia Sinica
128 Academia Road, Sec. 2, Nankang,
Taipei 115, TAIWAN
e-mail: yaru at earth.sinica.edu.tw
Tel: 886-2-27839910 ext. 415