[CIG-SHORT] pylith multiprocessor

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Oct 19 19:27:15 PDT 2007

Chris-

To run on a machine with multiple processors or cores, use the --nodes=N
command line argument (or put nodes=N in a .cfg file), where N is the
number of processors/cores.

Note: In doing some testing in the last couple of weeks we discovered
that the partitioning is not working properly. A mesh is partitioned,
but it is very, very far from optimal. We are fixing this now. In the
meantime, you are generally much better off running on a single
processor/core.

Brad