[CIG-SHORT] Pylith error ?

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 20 18:01:37 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Tabrez Ali wrote:
> 1.	I am getting the following error:
> 	RuntimeError: Determinant of Jacobian (6.74654e-07) for cell 215324
> is smaller than minimum permissible value (1e-06)!

Check to make sure the quadrature for all your materials, faults, and bc are
correct. Applying the wrong quadrature for your cells can cause this error.
If they are all compatible, then you could have a distorted cell in your mesh
(check the mesh quality within the mesh generator you are using).

> 2.	Also when can we expect the source for PyLith v1.2 alongwith a
> compatible petsc-dev on CIG's website.

We are putting the final touches on PyLith 1.3. We expect to release (binaries
plus source) by the end of next week.