[CIG-SHORT] Pylith "zero-pivot" error

Ravi Kanda rkanda at gps.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:34:09 PST 2008

Brad,

You are right, I guess Pylith ran without any errors, but PETSc generated
errors.  I'll try your suggestion for removing faults.

So, Pylith uses the same element numbers as in the EXODUS file?  In that case,
is there a convention for numbering the new cohesive elements that are generated
when there is a fault in the domain?  I mean, if Pylith does the numbering by
object ID and/or geometrically (e.g., left-right, then top-bottom).  I have been
setting the FIATLAGRANGE flag and from what I understand, FIAT is an "automatic"
element generator, right?  Would I get more info on this from the FIAT (FENICS)
web page?

Thanks,
Ravi.