[CIG-SHORT] PyLith Error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue May 20 16:01:35 PDT 2008

Tabrez-

The error message should be "ID values for material/interface '6' and
interface '5' are both '100'. Material and interface id values must be
unique."

You need to set the 'id' property of the interfaces. The default value is 100
and since you don't set it, the interfaces have the same id. The id values
need to be unique over all materials and interfaces. PyLith (as of version
1.1) checks to make sure the id values are unique and has attempted to inform
you that you need to change at least one of them to resolve the conflict.

See section 4.4 of the manual for some additional discussion of this issue.

Brad