[CIG-SHORT] Pylith dies after thousands of time steps (convergence issue)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 29 13:26:28 PDT 2009

Tabrez-

You may want to set ksp_monitor=true so that you can see the residual. If the
residual increases significantly, the solution is losing convergence. This
can be alleviated a bit by using an absolute convergence tolerance
(ksp_atol). You probably need a slightly smaller time step or slightly higher
quality mesh (improve the aspect ratio of the most distorted cells).

Brad