[CIG-SHORT] An error when executing Pylith built from source in 64bit machine

ryuta.imai at mizuho-ir.co.jp ryuta.imai at mizuho-ir.co.jp
Sun Feb 8 17:16:02 PST 2009

Dear Pylith developers,

I would like to use Pylith and have installed it from the source code in
our 64 bit machine.
A specification of our machine is as follows:

    OS = Linux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp x86_64
    Distribution = Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)
    CPU = Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2220 @ 2.8GHz
    PYTHON = PYTHON 2.4.6

I selected MPICH2 installation when PETSc was installed.
Now, I tried to run Pylith and an error was occurred as follows:

0 - MPI_INIT : Cannot call MPI_INIT more than once
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_20123:  p4_error: : 463
--pyre-start: mpiexec: exit 1
/home/***/cig/bin/pylith: /home/***/cig/bin/nemesis: exit 1

I'm sorry, but I cannot find out what causes this error. I hope that you
will give me some advice.

Sincerely,
Ryuta Imai,