[CIG-SHORT] slower convergence in PyLith 1.4 compared with PyLith 1.3

Tabrez Ali stali at purdue.edu
Thu Jul 23 13:33:39 PDT 2009

Brad

PyLith 1.3 was taking <40 iterations where as 1.4 with the following
normalizer options takes around 1250 iterations (same solver/pc):

normalizer.length_scale = 1.0*m
normalizer.shear_modulus = 5.0e+10*Pa

All my dimensions are in meters and the shear modulus value is close
to the value used for the fault material in v1.3

Tabrez