[CIG-SHORT] mpi missing error when trying to install nemesis

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 20:51:08 PDT 2010

Brad,

As the make check was hung for 4 hrs, I closed the terminal, reopned it, removed config.cache files for spatialdata and pylith-dev, renamed $TOOLS_DIR/lib/python2.6.5 to python2.6, ran configure, make, make install, make check for spatialdata and pylith. All good. Now at make check for pylith, I again got stuck at the same point. Here is part of the screen dump before the hang (is there a log file for make check? will it help?):

make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/bjha/scratch/build/gcc-4.4.1_64/pylith-dev/unittests/libtests/meshio'
make  check-TESTS
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/bjha/scratch/build/gcc-4.4.1_64/pylith-dev/unittests/libtests/meshio'
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testConstructor : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testDebug : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testInterpolate : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testFilename : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead1D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead1Din2D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead1Din3D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead2D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead2Din3D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testWriteRead3D : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testRead3DIndexOne : OK
N6pylith6meshio15TestMeshIOAsciiE::testReadComments : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testConstructor : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testDebug : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testInterpolate : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testFilename : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testReadTetAscii : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testReadTetBinary : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testReadTetBinary32on64 : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testReadTetBinary64 : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testOrientAsciiTet : OK
N6pylith6meshio16TestMeshIOLagritE::testOrientBinaryTet : OK
N6pylith6meshio17TestCellFilterAvgE::testConstructor : OK
N6pylith6meshio17TestCellFilterAvgE::testFilter : OK
N6pylith6meshio23TestVertexFilterVecNormE::testConstructor : OK
N6pylith6meshio23TestVertexFilterVecNormE::testFilter : OK
N6pylith6meshio21TestDataWriterVTKMeshE::testConstructor

Please help.

Thanks
Birendra