[CIG-SHORT] Updated PyLith Installer - fixes HDF5 linking issue on Darwin

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Jun 17 15:31:38 PDT 2011

Hi all:

I have updated the PyLith Installer on the PyLith webpage to fix an HDF5
linking issue on some Darwin systems. While configuring PETSc, some
users were encountering the follow error message:

UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for details):
  --with-hdf5-lib=['/Users/brad/pylith/lib/libhdf5.dylib'] and
  --with-hdf5-include=['/Users/Abrad/pylith/include'] did not work

I adjusted the installeR to force PETSc to link with the compression
library (-lz) when using HDF5.

NOTE: I changed the version number of the PyLith Installer to coincide
with the PyLith version. We now use the suffix "-N" where N=0,1,2,... to
correspond to changes in the installer for each PyLith release.