[CIG-SHORT] Python debugging

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 18:31:45 PDT 2012

Hi developers,

1. What is technique to debug both Python and C++ code together at runtime? When I uncomment start-in-debugger in pylithapp.cfg, it opens gdb window where I can debug c++ code. But what about debugging python code? Is there a different tool?

2. How do I print contents of a SwigPyObject array pointer?  The arrays returned by SWIG modules to Python are PyObjects. How to visualize them? Writing to a file will also work.

3. Implicit.py has a disp object. How do I visualize its content at runtime? print disp of course doesn't work and gives:
<pylith.topology.topology.MeshField; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'pylith::topology::Field< pylith::topology::Mesh > *' at 0x2d9fba0>

Sorry, if these are basic questions. I spent few hours trying to figure it out.

Thanks a lot
Birendra