[CIG-SHORT] Pylith Install Error

Niz niz.moussatat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 01:59:25 PDT 2012

Brad

I went back and fetched old but simple Birendra's benchmarks to test
dynamic friction with the binaries first. It is not taking the fault
friction parameters at all, with error message.
in 1.6 versions ....
/home/tora/Downloads/pylith-1.6.3-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.6/site-packages/merlin-1.7.egg/merlin/__init__.py:175:
DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
ValueError: Error while configuring friction model (slipweakening,
friction):
Error while configuring friction model (slipweakening, friction):
Descriptive label for friction model not specified.
Backtrace - Component slipweakening, friction
Backtrace - Component faultcohesivedyn, fault
Backtrace - Component interfaces
Backtrace - Component timedependent, problem
Backtrace - Component pylithapp
---------------------
and in 1,7 versions
  File "/home/tora/Downloads/pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64/bin/pylith", line
39, in <module>
    start(applicationClass=PyLithApp)
  File
"/home/tora/Downloads/pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/__init__.py",
line 41, in start
    shell.run(**kwds)
  File
"/home/tora/Downloads/pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/applications/Shell.py",
line 125, in run
    app.applyConfiguration(context)
  File
"/home/tora/Downloads/pylith-1.7.1-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pythia-0.8.1.14-py2.7.egg/pyre/inventory/Configurable.py",
line 84, in applyConfiguration
    raise ValueError("%s\nBacktrace - Component %s" % (err.message,
aliases))
ValueError: Error while configuring friction model (slipweakening,
friction):
Error while configuring friction model (slipweakening, friction):
Descriptive label for friction model not specified.
Backtrace - Component slipweakening, friction
Backtrace - Component faultcohesivedyn, fault
Backtrace - Component interfaces
Backtrace - Component timedependent, problem
Backtrace - Component pylithapp
This is not happening with older versions, like the 1.5, and I see no
changes in fault definition commands in 1.7 manual.

Regards

2012/8/23 Niz <niz.moussatat at gmail.com>

> Thank you Brad.
> all files you indicated were there, and I still executed in proj4-build
> the make clean/make/make install
> it went without issues. and joined the .log it gave me
> I went back to build/pylith/ and did make, the process continued and ran
> several tests.
> And ended.
>
> I couldn't test  old codes, since it seems they fail both the installed
> result as well as the binaries.
> I shall look into it later and confirm everything is ok.
>
> Regards.
>

> 2012/8/23 Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov>
>
>> Niz,
>>
>> If Proj4 was installed correctly, you should see libproj.so in
>> $PREFIX/lib, proj_api.h in $PREFIX/include, and a proj directory in
>> $PREFIX/share.
>>
>> If any of these are missing, then go to the proj4-build directory and run
>> "make clean", then "make", and "make install". If you encounter any errors,
>> send us the config.log from proj4-build and the complete error message.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brad
>>

>> On 08/23/2012 12:54 AM, Niz wrote:
>>
>>> Your last suggestion worked, and pylith resumed installation [folders
>>> contain the list of files you indicated previously].
>>> I stumbled later:
>>>      checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
>>>      checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>>>      checking for pj_init_plus in -lproj... no
>>>      configure: error: Proj4 library not found; try LDFLAGS="-L<Proj4 lib
>>> dir>"
>>>
>>> there is in build/pylith/ 2  proj4* folders, but non of them contains a
>>> lib/?
>>>
>>> Regards

MOUSSATAT Nizar - PhD Student
ISTerre - Maison des Geosiences - Equipe risques
Bureau 1121 (1er étage)
Université de Grenoble, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
E-mail: nizar.moussatat at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Tel Bureau: +33 (0)4 76 63 51 81
Mobile       +33 (0) 6 43 59 39 44
Home        +33 (0) 4 80 38 45 93