[CIG-SHORT] PyLith for student use

Charles Williams C.Williams at gns.cri.nz
Thu Jan 19 14:56:27 PST 2012

Hi Logan,

You don't need to purchase the software.  You can obtain it from http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/pylith.  As a new user, I would suggest downloading a binary for your platform.  On the website you will also find documentation and other training materials.  As far as looking at Dusky Sound, you might want to contact Dr. John Beavan here at GNS if you don't already have the GPS data you need.  Good luck with your modeling.

On 20/01/2012, at 11:50 AM, Logan Ross wrote:

> To whom it may concern
>
> I am currently studying towards a Bachelor of Surveying with Honors at the University of Otago, New Zealand. This year I will be working on my honors dissertation project in which I will be analysing post seismic GPS data from the 2009 Dusky Sound earthquake. I am looking at applying a few simple models to the data and would like to use PyLith to do this. I would like to know how I could purchase or obtain a copy of the software to undertake this work.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Logan Ross

Charles A. Williams
Scientist