[CIG-SHORT] output state-variable in rate-and-state friction?

Lucas Abraham Willemsen lawillem at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 1 11:36:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to model the behavior of a fault with rate-and-state friction. I am able to output  important fault parameters like the 'characteristic slip distance', 'parameter a' and 'parameter b'. However I am not able to output the 'state-variable'. I would like to be able to see how this variable evolves when slip takes place. Is there a reason why the state-variable can not be output?

message:
Data provider: 'faultcohesivedyn'
Field type: 'vertex'
Data type: 'info'
Available fields:  'normal_dir' 'strike_dir' 'dip_dir' 'traction_initial_value' 'reference_friction_coefficient' 'reference_slip_rate' 'characteristic_slip_distance' 'constitutive_parameter_a' 'constitutive_parameter_b' 'cohesion'

The state variable is not one of the available fields. I am using Pylith 1.7.1

cheers,
Lucas