[CIG-SHORT] help-components for mac executable: Format and error question

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 3 13:48:53 PDT 2012

Rowena,

The "hierarchy of components" concept is our current preferred way to
described the parameters and settings for any PyLith simulation.  The
--help-components command line argument and pylithinfo utility are
designed to show info about components currently being used, not what
components are available. Asking the question "what components can I
plug in to facility X" is not supported at this time by the Pyre
simulation framework.

I think the best way to determine what components can be plugged in
where is to use the manual. We have tried to list all of the parameters
for each component as well as organize the manual so that it is clear
where each component can be used. If there is some piece to the puzzle
that is particularly confusing, please let us know.

As for the missing vector displacements, are the displacements missing
or are the displacements not a vector?

Brad