[CIG-SHORT] problems applying initial stress conditions

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Jun 12 09:29:49 PDT 2012

Lucas,

Your output settings for the elastic material component are missing

cell_filter = pylith.meshio.CellFilterAvgMesh

Without this setting, you are getting output at all of the quadrature
points for each cell rather than just a single average value for each
tensor component. ParaView doesn't know how to deal with so many values
so it is probably just assuming there is 1 value per cell. It also
doesn't know how to display 48 components (8 quad points times 6
components), so it won't let you pick a tensor component. As a result,
the data within ParaView is garbled.