[CIG-SHORT] Plane strain test problem

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 15:58:00 PDT 2012

Dear Brad,

I am running this plane strain test case (files attached) with equal compression on two y faces, zero tractions on x faces, and zero normal displacement on z faces. (Does this replicate Plane Strain?)

I don't understand why the y-displacements are not uniform along the length i.e. along x. Why does the grid rotate counterclockwise when the compressions are equal on opposite sides?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards
Birendra