[CIG-SHORT] problem installing: petsc-dev for pylith

Roby Douilly rdouilly at purdue.edu
Thu May 17 14:45:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am installing the software PYLITH and it kept giving me an error message while installing the petsc-dev program.
I don't know how to fix this error. Below is the error when I launched the makefile:

makefile:14: conf/petscvariables: No such file or directory
/Users/rdouilly/build/pylith/petsc-dev/conf/variables:95: /Users/rdouilly/build/pylith/petsc-dev//conf/petscvariables: No such file or directory
/Users/rdouilly/build/pylith/petsc-dev/conf/rules:1061: /Users/rdouilly/build/pylith/petsc-dev//conf/petscrules: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/Users/rdouilly/build/pylith/petsc-dev//conf/petscrules'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [petsc] Error 2
make[1]: *** [installed_petsc] Error 2
make: *** [installed_pylith] Error 2

Let me know how to solve this problem

Sincerely,

Roby

Roby Douilly
Graduate Student
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Purdue University
550 Stadium Mall Dr.
West Lafayette, IN 47907
rdouilly at purdue.edu