[CIG-SHORT] Gravity on Large/Heterogeneous Meshes

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Nov 11 16:41:45 PST 2012

Scott,

There are a couple of issues to consider:
(1) If you have nonuniform density, then the initial stresses as a
function of depth are more complicated than a constant linear increase
with depth. You need to calculate the lithostatic stress as a function
of depth and use that for the initial stresses.
(2) Tighten the convergence tolerance (ksp_rtol and ksp_atol) to get a
more accurate solution.