[CIG-SHORT] total time

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:36:11 PST 2012

Dear Huihui,

Your problem appears to be related to the fact that you have specified an output frequency for your domain of 10 sec., while your time step size is 5 years.  When I change the frequency to 10 years, everything runs.  I'm confused about your problem, though.  You are not actually generating any displacements or stresses.  Also, the problem is not really sufficiently constrained, since you only have BC applied in the x-direction.  For a real problem you will need to constrain at least one vertex in the y-direction.

On 10/11/2012, at 3:28 PM, 翁辉辉 wrote:

> dear developers:
>
>  I have a problem I never encountered before. When I increasing the total_time(like 1000year) there is a Fatal error,while small total_time(500 year) can run normally. In order to find the reason, so I create a simple case( test.tar) , The case is very very simple ,but the problem still exist(log as follows),there seems be a critical value between failure and running normally, and also this critical value changes with some reason(I hope I know) under repeating run with different total_times. It is very strange, any suggestion shall be appreciated.
>
>   Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PetscApplication.py", line 65, in onComputeNodes
>    self.main(*args, **kwds)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PyLithApp.py", line 116, in main
>    self.problem.initialize()
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/TimeDependent.py", line 119, in initialize
>    self.formulation.initialize(self.dimension, self.normalizer)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Implicit.py", line 127, in initialize
>    self._initialize(dimension, normalizer)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/problems/Formulation.py", line 519, in _initialize
>    output.open(totalTime, numTimeSteps)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/meshio/OutputManager.py", line 186, in open
>    self._open(mesh, nsteps, label, labelId)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/meshio/OutputManagerMesh.py", line 97, in _open
>    ModuleOutputManager.open(self, mesh, nsteps)
>  File "/Data/DATA_wenghh/Pylith/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/meshio/meshio.py", line 764, in open
>    def open(self, *args): return _meshio.MeshOutputManager_open(self, *args)
> NotImplementedError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'MeshOutputManager_open'.
>  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
>    pylith::meshio::OutputManager< pylith::topology::Mesh,pylith::topology::Field< pylith::topology::Mesh > >::open(pylith::topology::Mesh const &,int const,char const *,int const)
>    pylith::meshio::OutputManager< pylith::topology::Mesh,pylith::topology::Field< pylith::topology::Mesh > >::open(pylith::topology::Mesh const &,int const,char const *)
>    pylith::meshio::OutputManager< pylith::topology::Mesh,pylith::topology::Field< pylith::topology::Mesh > >::open(pylith::topology::Mesh const &,int const)

> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> with errorcode -1.
>
> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> [...]

Charles A. Williams
Scientist
GNS Science
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon