[CIG-SHORT] Dynamic faulting under gravity

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 15:36:20 PST 2012

Hi Charles

Max. is around 12. I guess it has to be close to 1 or 2. Is that the only reason for nonconvergence of the nonlinear solver?

CUBIT> quality volume all Condition No. global
 Hex quality, 24360 elements:
   Function Name    Average      Std Dev      Minimum   (id)    Maximum  (id)
   Condition No.    1.118e+00    3.692e-01    1.000e+00 (2846)    1.231e+01 (24023)

In that case, I have no option but to refine the mesh throughout which will give me a huge number of cells. Then I won't be able to run it on my machine, for sure.

Can I use Pylith's refine mesh capability to help me here? Can it refine selectively in one material region?

Thanks and regards
Birendra