[CIG-SHORT] How does Pylith number vertices on fault

Hongfeng Yang hyang at whoi.edu
Thu Oct 4 07:39:10 PDT 2012

Hi Developers,

I am tracking time history of variables on particular vertices on the
fault. However, I found the vertex ID in Pylith (v_fault) is larger than
the total number of vertices on the fault. How can I convert the value
of v_fault back to the vertex location on the fault surface?

For example, I got the following fault opening error message
WARNING! Fault opening with nonzero traction., v_fault: 4154, opening:
1.03716e-10, normal traction: -0.0042952
mpinemesis: faults/FaultCohesiveDyn.cc:382: virtual void
pylith::faults::FaultCohesiveDyn::integrateResidual(const
pylith::topology::Field<pylith::topology::Mesh>&, PylithScalar,
pylith::topology::SolutionFields*): Assertion `fabs(tractionNormal) <
_zeroTolerance' failed.
[0]0:Return code = 0, signaled with Aborted

v_fault points to vertex ID 4154. The total number of vertices on the
fault is 1472, however.

Thanks,

Hongfeng

--