[CIG-SHORT] Cell Coordinates in .h5 Files

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Oct 31 08:52:24 PDT 2012

Jianbo,

See the email I sent on Monday to the cig-short at geodynamics.org email
list. Step 1 in the procedure given in the email computes the
coordinates of the cell centroids.
http://www.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-short/2012-October/001164.html

In my earlier email to you about the DruckerPrager model and the SCEC
TPV13 benchmark, I forgot to mention that the SCEC benchmarks in which
the fault goes into tension should be done using a special branch of
PyLith that prevents fault opening when the fault is under tension. This
doesn't make sense in any real problem so we setup a special branch for
changes required to run the benchmarks. The URL for the SVN branch is
http://geodynamics.org/svn/cig/short/3D/PyLith/branches/pylith-scecdynrup.

I have not yet merged the v1.8 changes into this branch, but will do so
as soon as I can.

Brad