[CIG-SHORT] Change in dt means new Jacobian

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 23:53:51 PDT 2012

Dear developers

I simplified my problem setup to see if no. of KSP iterations goes down. There are 46552 nodes, 42525 hex elements in a box.  In this very simple setup, both ASM and ML preconditioner takes ~90 iterations for convergence.
Attached are the cfg files and stdout from LU and ML preconditioners. ASM stdout is not attached.

Why does the run with LU crash? I just used following 2 lines to use LU:
[pylithapp.petsc]
pc_type = lu
Is it incorrect?

For both ASM and ML, the solution looks correct in Paraview. It's just the time taken in integrating residual that I would like to reduce.

Another question: when Pylith is running on a single multicore machine, can it use OpenMPI instead of MPI (I am assuming it's using MPI by default)?

Thanks and regards
Birendra