[CIG-SHORT] Restart

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 10:40:36 PDT 2012

Hi

1. Is it possible to restart a pylith run from where it stopped? I only have displacements at every point (vtk output of the problem.formulation.output.domain). Can I use something like following, but displacements in place of stress:

[pylithapp.timedependent.materials.upper_crust]
db_initial_stress = spatialdata.spatialdb.SimpleDB
db_initial_stress.iohandler.filename = spatialdb/initial_stress.spatialdb

2. Is there something like db_initial_displacement for each material region?

3. Right now I have displacements for entire domain together. Can I get nodal displacements by material region (to be used above for restart)?
Following doesn't work because elasticisotropic3d.outputmatelastic.vertex_data_fields does not exist:
[pylithapp.timedependent.materials.elastic.output]
output_freq = time_step
time_step = 1.0*yr
vertex_data_fields = [displacements]

Any suggestions on how to restart?