[CIG-SHORT] I/O error while reading SimpleDB data.

surendra at caltech.edu surendra at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 15 12:02:52 PDT 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Adewale Moroof Amosu (amamosu) wrote:

> It worked when I change the num-locs however if I use the "linear" interpolation rather than "nearest" in the file step18.cfg it gives the following error:
>
> -- implicit(info)
> -- Initializing integrators.
>>> /Users/adewaleamosu/src/pylith/pylith-1.7.1-darwin-10.6.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/bc/Neumann.py:134:initialize
> -- timedependent(info)
> -- Initializing Neumann boundary 'face_zpos'.
> Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.
> RuntimeError: Could not find values at ( 211.325 2211.32 0) for traction boundary condition face_zpos
> using spatial database Neumann BC on +z.

Your spatialdb file for z+ isn't complete.  It should be in such a way that when the spatial data is queried at any location on the boundary, a value should be found.  In specifying "nearest", you can simply specify at any one point and nearest will interpolate the value to be exact same as the value specified for the entire boundary as that is the only available point.  "Linear" interpolation, on the other hand, requires one value to be specified at each of the edges or the spatialdb file should enclose the span of the boundary.

--Surendra