[CIG-SHORT] problem getting fault rupture (slip weakening)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 24 13:57:09 PDT 2013

Lucas,

I finally found some time to start looking at this. The first thing I
have noticed is that your length scale for nondimensionalizing is too
big. It looks like your discretization size is 10 m but your length
scale for nondimensionalization is 1 km. You chose to use the dynamic
nondimensionzalizer so you provided a shear wave speed and a period. It
looks like your shear wave speed for nondimensionalizing is close to
your physical properties, so decreasing your period should give you an
appropriate length scale.

I am not sure if this fixes everything, but it is a place to start. I
may have some additional minutes later this afternoon to dig deeper.

Brad