[CIG-SHORT] Fault opening error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Aug 4 07:53:36 PDT 2013

Birendra,

Your solver tolerances need adjustment. The FaultCohesiveDyn object in a
quasi-static simulation requires use of absolute tolerances in order to
properly detect stick/slip with the iterative solver (see the friction
session in the CDM2013 tutorial for details). You should lower the
ksp_rtol and snes_rtol tolerances to 1.0e-20 to force use of the
absolute tolerances.

Brad