[CIG-SHORT] Output Material Subset

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 2 08:37:00 PST 2013

Scott,

Extracting slices of state variables like stress and strain from a 3-D
model is best done inside visualization software. Nearly all 3-D
visualization tools have this feature. This gives you the most freedom
to interactively adjust where the slice is and extract either a slice or
clip the domain at a particular slice.