[CIG-SHORT] Save the date: Crustal Deformation Modeling workshop June 23-27, 2014

Matthew Knepley knepley at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 17 08:20:08 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov> wrote:

> Sylvain,
>
> I saw Andrew Bradley's poster too. I think he is an excellent suggestion
> for an invited speaker.

I am reading it. I would like if the H-matrix stuff was compared with FMM,
for instance using an
open package like kifmm3d. When Jack Poulson ran these kinds of tests, the
H-matrix was
slower.

    Matt

> Thanks,
> Brad
>

> On 12/17/2013 12:53 AM, Sylvain Barbot wrote:
>
>> Hi Brad,
>>
>> I would love to attend the workshop. Thanks for your continued efforts
>> for the community. I attended a great poster at AGU this year from
>> Andrew M. Bradley (ambrad at cs.stanford.edu). He seems determined to
>> build software useful to earthquake dynamicists. Paul Segall says he
>> won't be able to support him much longer (for another year and a half
>> or so.) It'd be nice to give Andrew a bit of a boost and invite him
>> for a talk during the meeting, if you think he's relevant.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Sylvain
>>
>> 2013/12/16 Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov>:
>>
>>> CIG/SCEC Crustal Deformation Modeling workshop
>>> June 23-27, 2014
>>> Stanford University
>>>
>>> We have begun planning for the 2014 Crustal Deformation Modeling
>>> workshop.
>>> The focus will be stress in the lithosphere over the earthquake cycle.
>>> The
>>> workshop will be held June 23-27, 2014 at Stanford University. We plan to
>>> open registration sometime in February or early March. A tentative agenda
>>> will be available at that time. The format will be similar to the 2010
>>> and
>>> 2012 workshops with two days of tutorials followed by two and one half
>>> days
>>> of science talks and discussions.
>>>
>>> Suggestions for invited speakers and/or specific topics are welcome.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Brad

experiments lead.
-- Norbert Wiener