[CIG-SHORT] Pylith 1.8.0 install error

surendra at caltech.edu surendra at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:16:35 PST 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 4:05 PM, Birendra jha wrote:

> Sorry, I don't understand "clean up pythia installation and start over". Should I delete pythia-0.8.1.15 folder and then run make again? I did that and still get the same error. How do I ensure that new merlin is installed?

Delete "installed_pythia" file in your top-level build directory.  If that doesn't work do "make distclean" and start over.

Leif Strand pushed in a fix for that error message.  If you used default configure command from INSTALL file, you should have this file

   ~/pylith/lib/python2.7/site-packages/merlin-1.8.egg

I think you still have merlin-1.7.egg.

--Surendra