[CIG-SHORT] Fault Output

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 5 10:08:04 PST 2013

Bobby,

Click on the fault dataset and then on the Info tab. You will see the
range of values for each of the fields. Then jump to the final time
step. This is a more robust way of checking the range of values than
viewing an image.

Are you using a PyLith binary on the cluster? The binary may work on 1
compute node, but in order to run on more than 1 compute node, you need
to build from source because the binary contains MPI consistent with a
desktop machine. For a cluster building from source (using the pylith
installer) insures that the MPI being used is appropriate for your hardware.

Another possibility is that you are using the HDF5 writer, but HDF5 was
not built for parallel I/O (the pylith installer should do this
automatically). If that is the case, then the output from all processors
is not being collected into the file.