[CIG-SHORT] AGU-2013: India Earth Science Initiative

Shyam Rai shyamsrai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:47:52 PDT 2013

Dear  CIG  community:

We are pleased to announce  the new initiative from India to be presented
during AGU 2013.
Several new institutions in India ( IISERs & IITs) are in the process of
developing new academic programs in Earth and Climate sciences. We have
taken initiative to meet young researchers in these subjects during AGU
meeting  on 9 Dec 2013 12:30 pm- 1:30 pm , MOSCONE WEST    Room No.2016.
 In case you are  attending AGU please join us and also circulate this to
your colleagues , Post- docs and students.  You may find the details below.
Looking forward to your support.
Regards
S.S. Rai

TH12K. Earth & Climate Science Education and Research Opportunities in India
9 December 2013, 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Moscone West Room 2016
Event Type:Town
Hall<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/calendar/?event_type-2[]=1072&l=/2013/calendar/&event_search=1&search=1>
Ticketing Type:Free to
Registrants<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/calendar/?ticketing_type-2=1202&l=/2013/calendar/&event_search=1&search=1>
Event For:All Registrants<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/calendar/?events_for-2[]=1078&l=/2013/calendar/&event_search=1&search=1>
, International
Registrants<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/calendar/?events_for-2[]=1084&l=/2013/calendar/&event_search=1&search=1>
,Students<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/calendar/?events_for-2[]=32&l=/2013/calendar/&event_search=1&search=1>

A new initiative on science and technology in India has spurred the
expansion of education and research with new institutions and funding,
which have provided career opportunities for bright young scientists.
Indian presence is especially poor in Earth system sciences. We invite
Young Investigators and Senior Scientists to discuss strategies for
scientific success. A follow-up meeting will be held to take full advantage
of the contacts made in the first meeting. Contact: Raghuram Murtugudde,
ragu at essic.umd.edu.
new link for our meeting is
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/events/th12k-earth-climate-science-education-and-research-opportunities-in-india/

they have also uploaded our write up as a PDF...

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/files/2013/10/AGU2013_a-townhall-meeting-on-India.pdf

please do circulate to as many contacts as possible.

--
Shyam S. Rai, PhD
JC Bose National Fellow & Chief Scientist,