[CIG-SHORT] Pylith install error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 11 16:19:48 PDT 2013

Birendra,

I don't think Matt's solution of adjusting environment variables has any
hope of solving your problem. The discrepancies in versions of
libgfortran must be resolved between the head node (presumably where
openmpi was built) and the compute node. There may be another openmpi
version installed that is consistent with the compute nodes. Note that
OpenMPI versions 1.4.x and 1.6.x are the stable releases while versions
1.3.x, 1.5.x, and 1.7.x are the new feature releases that may contain
issues.

I think the problem you encountered will show up via any fortran program
built with the mpif90 compiler on the head node and trying to run it on
a compute node. If you can get that to work, check where libgfortran is
being found using "ldd MY_FORTRAN_PROGRAM". As I mentioned before, your
best bet is to work with your system admin to resolve these
discrepancies between the compute nodes and the head node.