[CIG-SHORT] Post processing-- velocity field contour generation

Oliver Boyd olboyd at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 6 14:37:32 PDT 2014

Hello Xiao,
Matlab has the function h5read to read hdf5 files.

Regards,
Oliver

From:  Charles Williams <willic3 at gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:30 PM
To:  <cig-short at geodynamics.org>
Subject:  Re: [CIG-SHORT] Post processing-- velocity field contour
generation

Dear Xiao,

Unfortunately, I¹m not a Matlab user, but I was under the impression that
Matlab was able to read HDF5 files directly.  Is that correct?  If so, I
would assume that Matlab has a contouring function you can use.  Otherwise,
you can still do it in Paraview.

On 7/08/2014, at 5:02 am, Xiao Ma <xiaoma5 at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a question about post processing, now I am using Paraview to generate
> the contours for the velocity field of my simulation with output format .VTK.
> However is there a way to use HDF5 file to generate the contours in Matlab ? I
> have already find out,in the HDF5 output file it contains the nodes
> coordinates, the topology (how each cell consist the number of the nodes ),
> and the velocity value for each cell, is there a already implement matlab code
> for the contour generations using these information?
> Best wishes,
> Xiao
>
> --
> -------