[CIG-SHORT] Pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Feb 23 09:02:37 PST 2014

Wanpeng,

Including topography in a PyLith simulation is simply a matter of
generating the mesh to conform to topography. CUBIT/Trelis can handle
topography, but the mesh generation will take longer (on the computing
end not the user end).

You will want to ask yourself, what resolution of topography is
important for your problem. We always recommend starting simple and
making it more complex as you gain intuition into your particular
problem. This will save you a lot of time and effort.