[CIG-SHORT] Step18 and step 19 for multiple loads

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 9 07:51:39 PST 2014

On 01/09/2014 07:42 AM, Sauber-Rosenber, Jeanne M. (GSFC-6980) wrote:

> Brad, Charles and Matt,
>
>    To date I have been successfully experimenting with various parameter changes to your
> Step18 and Step19 examples (for instance different rheological models, loading time history etc).
> However,  when I tried introducing multiple surface loads in step18 and step19, initially,  it didn't work.
> After a fair amount of experimentation with the input parameters, including trying
> to use SimpleGridDB, I was successful including multiple loads IF I changed
> the query_type from "linear" to "nearest" neighbor.
>        Was there something else (other parameters) I should be changing to enable me to input multiple
> surface loads?  Or is this what you might expect for when using query_type = linear (for a reason I don't understand)?

query_type = linear means that the values at a point on the surface are
interpolated using the values in the spatial database.

If query_type = nearest is getting you closer to what you want, it
suggests that the points you are providing have the wrong spatial layout
or the coordinate system is inconsistent with the coordinates of the points.

If you can give us more detail than "it didn't work" like the exact
error message or more detail of what happened, we may be able to
pinpoint the problem.