[CIG-SHORT] use pylith to model magma chamber

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jun 12 17:22:45 PDT 2014

Xiaopeng,

We tend to focus on earthquake related examples because those are the
types of problems most of our users are interested in. It is possible to
model inflation of magma chambers, but we don't have a good example. I
will try to find one that I created a few years ago and have it
available for the workshop.

Charles has done some volcano modeling with PyLith and can probably
answer your questions in more detail.