[CIG-SHORT] Fault direction in 3D fault

Jiangzhi Chen jzchenjzarthur at gmail.com
Sun May 4 15:29:35 PDT 2014

I used field split in calculation, and used a specific solver. The linear solver usually converges after 3 or 4 iterations.

[pylithapp.timedependent.formulation]
split_fields = True
matrix_type = aij
use_custom_constraint_pc = True
[pylithapp.petsc]
fs_pc_type = fieldsplit
fs_pc_fieldsplit_type = schur
fs_pc_fieldsplit_schur_factorization_type = full
fs_pc_fieldsplit_real_diagonal = true
fs_fieldsplit_0_pc_type = gamg
fs_fieldsplit_0_ksp_type = preonly
fs_fieldsplit_0_ksp_rtol = 1.0e-10
fs_fieldsplit_1_pc_type = none
fs_fieldsplit_1_ksp_type = minres
fs_fieldsplit_1_ksp_rtol = 1.0e-10

# Convergence parameters.
ksp_rtol = 1.0e-8
ksp_atol = 1.0e-12
ksp_max_it = 100
ksp_gmres_restart = 50

# Linear solver monitoring options.
ksp_monitor = true
ksp_view = true
ksp_converged_reason = true

# Nonlinear solver monitoring options.
snes_rtol = 1.0e-8
snes_atol = 1.0e-12
snes_max_it = 100
snes_monitor = true
snes_view = true
snes_converged_reason = true

I attached the mesh and pylith configurations.