[CIG-SHORT] pylith installer problems

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon May 5 16:01:44 PDT 2014

Naveed,

I patched the installer for v1.9.0, updating the URLs as appropriate.
You can get this updated version of the installer (v1.9.0-2) at
https://github.com/geodynamics/pylith_installer/releases

Make sure you download the pylith-installer-1.9.0-2.tgz file using the
green button, not the "Source code" buttons (which don't contain the
configure script).

Brad

On 04/30/2014 03:01 PM, Charles Williams wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I e-mailed this to Eric the other day.  Here’s what he e-mailed back:
>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> Sorry to keep you waiting.  The sysadmin moved the deps folder somewhere else, I’m still trying to find out where.  The installer tgz should be in the correct place now.  I’ll send an update to the mailing list once I believe everything is fixed.
>>
>> -Eric
>
> Hopefully, Eric can get it straightened out soon.
>
> Charles
>

> On 1/05/2014, at 3:24 am, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov> wrote:
>
>> Naveed,
>>
>> Thanks for pointing this out. There are lots of broken links on the website, but I didn't realize some of them were affecting the PyLith 1.9.0 installer (I switched to using GitHub for v2.0.0 which is still in testing).
>>
>> http://geodynamics.org/~buildbot/deps has been restored upon my request at one point, but now it seems to have disappeared again. I have asked the CIG staff to fix this. The installer will need some additional URL fixes. I am traveling this week, so I won't be able to get to this until next week. Sorry for the delay.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brad
>>

>> On 4/28/14, 7:51 PM, Charles Williams wrote:
>>> Hi Naveed,
>>>
>>> There do appear to be some missing/broken links.  We will try to get it fixed.  In the meantime, try the old website:
>>>
>>> http://geodynamics.org/archive/software/pylith
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Charles

>>> Charles A. Williams