[CIG-SHORT] hdf5 issue while compiling

Romain Jolivet rjolivet at caltech.edu
Tue Nov 4 06:45:07 PST 2014

Dear Brad et al.,

I compiled pylith using the installer on an iMac (brand new), running Mac os X 10.9 (not Yosemite, Mavericks).
As things were not going that smoothly, I decided to enable every options available with the installer, but not gcc (I have gcc4.9 from macports).

When compiling hdf5, it stops, saying:

../../../hdf5-1.8.11/tools/lib/h5tools_dump.c:635:9: error: expected expression before '/' token
         //HGOTO_ERROR(dimension_break, H5E_tools_min_id_g, "Could not allocate buffer for ptdata”);

The compiler used is mpicc (given what the Makefile says) that has been compiled using the pylith installer.

Any idea?
Cheers,
Romain

—————————————————————————————————————