[CIG-SHORT] hdf5 issue while compiling

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Nov 6 08:50:28 PST 2014

On 11/06/2014 03:58 AM, Romain Jolivet wrote:
> I managed to install everything manually and it works (finally :-)).
>
> Although there are a few things I had to modify myself:
>
> - In the proj4 tarball, one needs to modify the include org_proj_PJ.h
> into org_proj_Projections.h in jniproj.c (Proj-4.8.0/src/jniproj.c).

I don't get this error. What compiler does this happen for? Please send
the error message you get and the changed file.

> - It is not possible to use the latest version of Numpy, as they
> removed oldnumeric, which is used by ScientificPython and FIAT. I
> found on a forum somewhere that the ScientificPython developer does
> not want to deal with this issue and he is going to leave it like
> that (i.e. ScientificPython cannot be used with versions of Numpy
> newer than 1.7). If I am correct, maybe it would be worth notifying
> the FIAT people so they get rid of ScientificPython in FIAT, or at
> least to the Derivative functions).

This is correct. The PyLith installer uses numpy 1.7.2. numpy 1.8.0 also
works. We are in the process of removing the dependency on FIAT, so in
the near future we will not need FIAT nor ScientificPython and this
won't be an issue.

> - I don’t know why, but configure in spatialdata and in pylith are
> adding a -Wl,-framework,Python option to the libtool commands. This
> leads libtool to link to MacOSX native python wether you set up your
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly or not. So, I hacked the configure script
> in both cases but it is pretty dirty, so if someone wants to check
> what I did, I can send the scripts.

This is probably not related to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH but finding Python or
some Python package. If Python and all of its packages are coming from
the user installed Python this shouldn't happen. It certainly doesn't
for me on the Darwin buildbot or my Mac. That said, in order to get the
Darwin binary to work for everyone on OS X Mavericks, we had to use
DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to make sure libstdc++ came from the PyLith
install, not the system one.