[CIG-SHORT] NetCDF error when attempting to build git version

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Oct 14 16:05:03 PDT 2014

Eric,

It looks like the linker is unable to create the NetCDF shared library.
You need to examine the error message to see what the linkiner is
complaining about. Feel free to send the error message.

At the bottom of the INSTALL file, there are some notes on manually
patching libtool (this will be at the top-level of the build directory
for NetCDF) so that the NetCDF shared library can be built. The notes
are a bit cryptic, so let me know if they need more explanation.