[CIG-SHORT] slip orientation for a nonplanar fault surface

Jiangzhi Chen jzchenjzarthur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:02:43 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

     I am working on a subduction simulation, where the fault interface
is nonplanar, and the subduction slab moves in northeast direction at 4
cm/year before it meets the overriding plate. My question is how I can
specify the kinematic fault interface. It is not appropriate to use
predefined slip functions, because the slip rates depend on the location
which is changing with time. Is there a way to make this work? Any help
is appreciated.

cheers,
Jiangzhi