[CIG-SHORT] One question & one small pylith bug

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 4 10:32:19 PDT 2015

Shaoyang,

If you want a time-dependent viscosity, then the most appropriate way to
implement that would be to create a new material object that has
additional parameters to define the temporal variation of the viscosity.
See templates/materials for an example of how to implement a new
material object. You may want to see if the generalized Maxwell or
power-law rheologies already implemented are sufficient for your needs.
You should think about what models are physically meaningful too.