[CIG-SHORT] cohesive cells pylith 2.1.0

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 12:48:04 PDT 2015

Hi developers

1. Can you please explain why the number of edges of a face of a cohesive cell is restricted to be 3 in CohesiveTopology::create?
Face "<<p<<" has "<<numEdges<<" edges != 3."

What about quads?

2. How can I get the indices of cells neighboring a cohesive face? For example, in pylith-1.8.0, the following was sufficient,

PointRetriever<SieveMesh::sieve_type> sV2
ifaultSieve->support(face, sV2)
const point_type *cells = sV2.getPoints()

Can I use the following in pylith-2.1.0:

const PetscInt *cells;
DMPlexGetSupport(dm, p, &cells);

where p = bd[i]. I don't understand bd or boundary faces for faults?

Is there documentation of Petsc implementation of fault/cohesive cells?

Thanks a lot
Birendra