[CIG-SHORT] PyLith Question

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Dec 3 07:59:47 PST 2015

Cecep,

You should not use a mesh in lon/lat/elev coordinates (CSGeo), because
it does not accurately describe distances between points. You need to
use a geographic projection for the mesh or a conventional Cartesian
coordinate system. See examples/twocells/twotet4-geoproj for an example
that uses a mesh in a geographic projection.

For OutputSolnPoints, after reading in the list of points from the file,
the coordinates are converted to the mesh coordinate system. The
interpolation of the solution fields for output is then done in the mesh
coordinate system.