[CIG-SHORT] pylith fault petsc error

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 08:29:51 PST 2015

Dear developers

When I try to run the attached simulation, I get the following error during pylith's initialization:

 -- Initializing integrators.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument
[0]PETSC ERROR: Faces should separate only two cells, not 4

The attached file test.cfg can by run in pylith-2.1.0 with the included grid file and the initialstress file, which is just balancing the gravity. All boundaries (except top) are fixed in the normal direction. I expect a zero displacement, zero slip solution.

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks and regards
Birendra

PS. This runs in pylith-1.8.0. The problem there is that pylith calculates large slip on the bottom edge of the fault. Thinking that the fault implementation is improved in pylith-2.1.0, I am trying this in pylith-2.1.0.