[CIG-SHORT] help: Error Occurred while adjusting topology to create cohesive cells

Maxfield Longchamp longchampm at carleton.edu
Sat Dec 26 10:05:07 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm using pylith to model a ridge-transform-ridge section and I'm getting an error,

"RuntimeError: Error occurred while adjusting topology to create cohesive cells for fault 'ridge_posx'. Error detected while in PETSc function."

What causes this error and do you have suggestions for how to resolve it? I'm meshing in LaGrit, let me know if there are files I can post that would be useful.

Thank you!

-Maxfield