[CIG-SHORT] Petsc linear solver not converging

Birendra jha bjha7333 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 07:36:41 PST 2015

Brad,

Maximum aspect ratio is around 50. I know it's too large and I am working on a new grid. Is there anything I can do on the solver side?

Thanks
Birendra

 Subject: Re: [CIG-SHORT] Petsc linear solver not converging
 To: cig-short at geodynamics.org
 Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 10:23 AM

 Birendra,

 Have you run the mesh quality
 checks? What is the maximum aspect ratio?

 Brad

 On
 2/26/15 7:04 AM, Birendra jha wrote:

 Hi

 > I am facing
 linear solver convergence issue while trying to run the
 attached test case. The only complexity in the problem is
 its unstructured grid, created to honor surface layers and
 two faults.

 > I will
 appreciate any help in resolving this issue. I would like to
 avoid grid refinement.

 > Thanks and regards

 Birendra